We are hiring!
ReStore Sales Associate
Hourly 32 hours per week
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore Associate will help to create and provide a welcoming atmosphere for donors, customers and volunteers while also keeping the warehouse area clean, safe and orderly. Other duties include, but are not limited to, unloading/loading truck, stocking shelves, assisting with merchandise pricing, sorting materials for recycling, providing customer service on the sales floor, assisting and directing store volunteers and assisting with operational functions. For more information on the ReStore - click here.
This position is 32 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Work with and support staff and volunteers to ensure overall fulfillment of the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Follow established policies and procedures for safe, secure and high quality performance of all aspects of Habitat ReStore activities
- To handle and defuse challenging customer and donor situations with tact; demonstrating the ability to resolve conflicts
- Assist on box truck to transport donated materials
- Assist in loading and unloading truck manually
- Interact positively with donors, customers and volunteers
- Assist in testing, cleaning, and preparing merchandise for sales floor
- Assist in keeping intake area neat, safe, clean and workable
- Assist in keeping sales floor neat, safe and clean
- Assist customers on the sales floor
- Answer the store phone, operate cash register
- Able to be flexible and perform other tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor or management to ensure smooth daily operations
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Some previous experience managing and/or working with volunteers a plus
- Superior customer service skills
- Must be friendly, flexible, enthusiastic and community oriented
- Must have a professional demeanor and remain calm and polite when faced with difficult customer situations
- Safe and efficient operations of hand and power tools
- Team player, self-starter, able to work independently and delegate daily work schedules
- Knowledge of building materials and construction preferred
- Strong commitment and willingness to advocate the mission of Habitat for Humanity
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs., perform heavy manual tasks, work standing or walking for a full workday, and be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions
To apply to this position, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5.