The Habitat for Humanity ReStore Associate will help to create and provide a welcoming atmosphere for donors, customers and volunteers while also keeping the warehouse area clean, safe and orderly. Other duties include, but are not limited to, unloading/loading truck, stocking shelves, assisting with merchandise pricing, sorting materials for recycling, providing customer service on the sales floor, assisting and directing store volunteers and assisting with operational functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Work with and support staff and volunteers to ensure overall fulfillment of the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Follow established policies and procedures for safe, secure and high quality performance of all aspects of Habitat ReStore activities
- To handle and defuse challenging customer and donor situations with tact; demonstrating the ability to resolve conflicts
- Assist in loading and unloading truck manually
- Interact positively with donors, customers and volunteers
- Assist in testing, cleaning, repairing and preparing merchandise for sales floor
- Assist in keeping intake area neat, safe, clean and workable
- Assist in keeping sales floor neat, safe and clean
- Assist customers on the sales floor
- Answer the store phone, operate cash register
- Will need to be a strong leader in customer service, daily sales, quality control of merchandise, safety, security and maintenance of the facility and Habitat property
- Able to be flexible and perform other tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor or management to ensure smooth daily operations.
- A face mask must be worn at all times in the building.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required
- Valid ME drivers license
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- At least 2 years experience in retail
- Some previous experience managing and/or working with volunteers
- Superior customer service skills
- Must be friendly, flexible, enthusiastic and community oriented
- Must have a professional demeanor and remain calm and polite when faced with difficult customer situations
- Safe and efficient operations of hand and power tools, vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Team player, self-starter, able to work independently and delegate daily work schedules
- Extensive knowledge of building materials and construction preferred
- Strong commitment and willingness to advocate the mission of Habitat for Humanity
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
Able to lift up to 75 lbs., perform heavy manual tasks, work standing or walking for a full workday, and be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions
32 hours per week